The need to leave and part with the dog is stressful not only for the owner, but also for the pet. The owner at this time must decide who to leave it with. If none of your family and friends can help, then you need to find a place where the dog is well taken care of.
Should I contact individuals?
Do not rush to respond to ads from individuals offering to take a dog for overexposure. For many, it’s just a way to make money. There is a risk that the animal will be treated negligently, not meeting its needs. This is especially important if the dog eats special food, is ill with something, or requires an individual approach. There is no guarantee that the “guest” will be properly fed, walk twice and monitor the state of health. And if the overexposure contains several animals, then fights are not excluded. Fighting dogs may not be separated.
If there are no options, then choose overexposure based on recommendations, look for reliable people. Arrange a personal meeting, make sure that you are communicating with a professional or at least with a person who truly loves dogs. At the same time, get acquainted with the conditions of keeping the dog.
Give it to a country house or a city apartment?
The pet’s place of residence is important. Many dog owners prefer that during their absence they live in a private house, possibly outside the city. There are several advantages of such overexposure:
- there is a place for physical activity;
- fresh air;
- constant walks.
Usually dogs are kept in enclosures, but an exception can be made by prior arrangement. Then the pet will live in the house. For large dogs, the first option is relevant, for small dogs, the second is possible. Inspect the enclosures – they must be intact, strong enough to protect the dog from bad weather conditions.
Suburban overexposure has one big drawback. If a pet gets injured, they should be able to provide first aid. Otherwise, veterinary care may simply not be able to arrive quickly. Owners of overexposure should be able to immediately take the victim to a hospital, if necessary.
Apartment overexposure is a common option, suitable for small dogs. Representatives of large breeds in a city apartment are cramped and may have problems with neighbors.
If the dog initially lives in an apartment, then the stress of getting used to new conditions will be absent. It will be able to walk in familiar places. But in addition to the pros, there is a significant minus. Sometimes there are two or more dogs in the apartment – consider this possibility in advance and specify this point. Even if a separate room is allocated, the dog will still be in contact with other dogs. Such a neighborhood is fraught with various consequences – from the possibility of infection to fights.
Choosing a pet hotel
Hotels for animals operate in many major cities. This option is preferable because:
- the dog will be looked after by professionals;
- conditions of detention will be strictly observed;
- it is easier for the hotel owner to make a claim.
If there are several hotels for four-legged guests in the city, the situation becomes more complicated. It is better to choose according to the recommendations, having previously learned all the conditions of keeping the dog. Serious organizations have a website that contains all the information that their owners are interested in. It’s great if you personally come and see what conditions the dog will live in.
What should a dog owner look at:
- how long has the hotel been open?
- what reputation does it have – are there any reviews on the Internet?
- do they accept only dogs or all animals?
It will indicate a serious organization:
- mixed accommodation – both dogs and cats are accepted. This kind of hotel work is more difficult to organize, which means it is definitely not a one-day trip that will work for one season and close;
- no street dogs – stray dogs should be kept separately so as not to infect Pets. A serious hotel understands this;
- drawing up a contract between the hotel and the owner of the dog. This document has legal force, and will insure you if your obligations are not fulfilled in full. If the hotel does not draw up a contract on a standard form, then offer any standard from the network. In a good institution you will not be denied;
- please provide information about your pet – in a serious institution, you will be asked for a veterinary passport, asked about the dog’s habits and preferences, and asked to leave your veterinarian’s number for emergencies. All this indicates a professional approach and a serious attitude to the wards;
- no promise of free range – such promises are made by non-professionals. In a solid hotel will ensure the safety of the dog and surrounding people during walks on a leash;
- round – the-clock operation mode-if the service staff is always close to the wards, then continuous monitoring is guaranteed. If the dog needs help, it will be provided in a timely manner – this is also a sign of professionalism.
The price of accommodation is an important factor
The question of the cost of living in a hotel for animals is important for many dog owners. Do not make it the main selection criterion and do not expect low payment. Cheap overexposure is a sign of poor dog care during your absence. Probably, they will save on feeding, poorly maintain cleanliness and monitor the health of their wards. Since you need to walk with a dog, the cost of its stay in the hotel will be higher than that of a cat. Walking is usually already included in the price, as is feeding. Before checking in, specify what else is included in the invoice.
Some hotels offer to pay for additional services separately. For example, the animal will be trained by trainers or prepared for an exhibition. You may be sent photo reports about your pet’s stay for an additional fee.
To make parting with your pet less painful, take care of reliable overexposure for it. Then the dog will meet you healthy and happy.
Hi, my name is Mike Fletcher. I am 36 years old and a veterinarian at a veterinary clinic in Granby Colorado. And this is my blog about Pets. I hope I can answer your questions here.