Feline therapy is a method of treating sick people with the help of cats. It is proved that a person who has a cat in his apartment is less likely to get sick and goes to a doctor. Fluffy Pets help their owners maintain their health and give great joy to the whole family.
Cat therapy and its basic rules
Feline therapy is most common in Western countries, and in the United States of America there is a special organization aimed at healing patients through animal therapy. It is noteworthy that cats start treatment only of their own free will. No matter how strong a person’s desire is, it will not be possible to force or force an animal to therapy.
Cat therapy begins with the contact of an animal with a person. If the cat has started medical procedures, do not interfere with it. The easiest thing to do in this situation is to relax and have fun. Do not hold the animal by force. The furry healer knows when to stop and when to continue.
Animal therapy has a therapeutic effect on the following diseases:
- Cerebral palsy;
- multiple sclerosis;
- children’s psychological trauma;
- cardiovascular disorders;
- rehabilitation after strokes, injuries, and fractures.
Cats who know the owner well immediately feel the problem in his body. They start therapy and accurately identify the most vulnerable place. Every day, the pet will come to the owner and press his body to the sore spot. And if during treatment the cat starts to growl, then according to observations, the effectiveness of treatment increases significantly.
Daily sessions of feline therapy will bring results. The owner of the pet will feel fresh and cheerful. It is noted that it is cats, not cats, who perform treatment more effectively. Females get rid of stress, as well as diseases of the nervous system.
Positive influence of furry healers
Scientists, doctors and psychologists agree that the cat breed has a positive impact on human mental health. Moreover, it is not enough just to have an animal at home, you need to properly take care of it, love and respect it, and only then the pet will be able to fully trust and prove its healing abilities. Caring cats and cats help breadwinners in the following ways:
- Eliminate a person’s fears and doubts;
- Make up for the lack of heat, awakening positive emotions;
- Give the owner peace of mind.
According to some reports, people come into contact with Pets even more often than with relatives and friends. This is due to the fact that four-legged friends are always ready to listen without censure or reproach. And this is what each of us needs, especially during the period of accumulated fatigue.
Cats have a positive effect on the internal organs of the host, help fight colds and pathogenic bacteria. They also have a therapeutic effect on cardiovascular diseases, improve sleep and relieve insomnia. If you are a happy owner of fuzzies, you should check for yourself how they surprisingly help in the treatment of osteochondrosis, relieve nervousness, irritability and depression.
To all the advantages of four-legged friends, you can add the treatment of headaches and normalization of blood pressure. Cats also help speed up wound healing.
Therapeutic methods of feline therapy
How do cats treat their owners? There are several options for exposure.
- Massage. The cat sits down on the sore spot and begins to methodically move its paws. Thus, performing a massage, to enhance the effect, the animal can begin to release claws. The effect is similar to that of acupuncture.
- Heat. The cat’s body begins to warm up the problem areas of the body. Even at night, when the owner tosses and turns, the cat still often takes the same place;
- Healing rumbling. Surprisingly, the cat’s purring calms the owner. Starting his therapy, the four-legged healer first sniffs the owner, then settles on the sick area and begins to massage together with rumbling. This complex therapy helps to relieve tension and fatigue of the owner at the end of the working day.
Domestic furry friends help not only in the complex treatment of serious diseases, but also have an overall positive effect on human health and mood. If you properly take care of the cat, be affectionate and loving owner, the pet will be happy to reciprocate!
Hi, my name is Mike Fletcher. I am 36 years old and I’m a veterinarian at a veterinary clinic in Granby Colorado. And this is my blog about Pets. I hope I can answer your questions here.